Human Resources Manager (FT Staff)
The Manager of Human Resources for Mustache is responsible for the strategic leadership and day-to-day management of all human resource functions. The Manager of Human Resources will build upon, support and manage all HR functions including: recruitment, onboarding, employee performance & development, employee relations, benefits administration, compliance, and upholding, nurturing & developing the company culture.
As Mustache continues to grow consistently, the right candidate will bring experience and natural instinct to sourcing talent in a creative or agency environment. Additionally, the right candidate will bring an innovative and creative approach to compliment Mustache’s goals of driving growth while maintaining a collaborative and family-like environment. Mustache is a small to mid-sized creative content agency with an in-house staff model and people over process approach. The Manager of HR ensures that each Mustache employee receives an enriching and meaningful employment experience.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Company Culture – Work with leadership and management team to support a positive culture that practices upholding core company principles and provides a great employee experience.
- Recruitment – Partner with leadership team to strategize & execute on hiring needs. Use of innovative recruitment techniques to develop roster of creative, production, and agency-based candidates to successfully fill open positions, manage all job boards, screen candidates, oversee the interview process to ensure both a positive interview process for candidates as well as an efficient interview cadence for hiring managers, and assist in the creation of all pertaining offer letters.
- Onboarding – Further develop formalized onboarding process to ensure new employees are being effectively provided with the tools & training to be setup for success in their new roles as well as fully immersed in company culture.
- Performance & Development – Manage administration of annual performance review process, identify employees ready for promotion with managers, formalize annual goal setting & quarterly milestone check-ins, and help managers create performance improvement plans as needed based on skill gaps & poor performance.
- General Employee Relations – Provide professional support, counsel, and development tactics for both staff and management.
- Benefits Administration – Educate employees on benefits options, communicate open enrollment deadlines and implications of missing deadlines, assist employees with claims as needed.
- Manage ad-hoc HR projects as needed.
- Ensure that HR files and employee records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to consistently improve on employee happiness, individual efficiency, and overall company success.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field PHR/CSP Certification a plus but not required.
- Minimum 4 years of management responsibility in HR.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal compliance requirements and regulations.
- Ability to work with integrity, discretion and a professional approach. Customer service focused.
- Detailed oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with creative or advertising agencies helpful.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA privacy laws and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications, Outlook, Word and Excel, HRIS/Payroll/Timekeeping system applications.